Share Your Knowledge
Present, Facilitate, or Lead
Vita-Learn and VSLA seek proposals or input from students, educators and educational leaders at all career stages and from every corner of Vermont to make this an amazing conference that meets your needs.
Presentation Proposal Closed January 31.
If you would like to discuss your idea for submission, please email conference coordinator at ignite@vita-Learn.org
Monday May 18 – Focus on Empowered Learning as Educators
Tuesday May 19 – Focus on Empowered Learning for/by Students
We encourage you to bring students to share and showcase their learning in a variety of formats.
All presentation involving students will be scheduled on Tuesday.
50 minute standard length session
- Facilitate a Conversation, Dialogue, Information Exchange
- Standard Presentation by Educator(s)
- Hands on – Standard Session (50 min)
- Standard Presentation primarily lead by students
- Standard Presentation with students included
Exhibit Style Session – Playground or Innovation Lounge
All day/ Half Day/ 2 hour slots available
- Empowered Educator – How to Demo
- Empowered Educator -Poster or Project Showcase
- Empowered Student – Lead How to Demo
- Empowered Student – Lead Poster or Project Showcase
- Empowered Educator – Hands on for Audience
- Empowered Student – Lead Hands on for Audience
- Playground / Innovation Lounge Facilitator
- Mini Hands on 15 – 20 minutes (informal) 2 or 3 in an hour
- Mini IGNITE Talks (5 minutes – 15 minutes) Students
- Mini IGNITE Talks (5 min – 15 min) Educator
- Hands on Double Session Deeper Dive
- Special Event (help organize a special event at Dynamic Landscape)
- Use the form to submit your proposal. Please do not email proposals.
- Workshop title and description are key to attracting people to your session.
- If you would like to submit more than one proposal they must be separate submissions.
- We recommend that you write your proposal in a doc first, proof it, then copy it into the Google Form.
- *VITA-Learn and VSLA reserve the right to edit your write ups.
Registration Rates for Presenters:
- Presenters receive one complimentary admission per workshop for the day of the presentation. Co-presenters must register as regular attendees.
- There must be 1 registered adult accompanying every 4 students.
- Student lunch options include the Champlain College cafeteria ($15) or on your own.
- There is no additional registration fee for up to 4 student presenters.
How do we created Empowered Learning for ALL? Topics for your consideration include:
- Assistive Technology
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Chromebooks and Google Tools
- Collection Development
- Creativity and Communication in Classrooms
- Digital Citizenship Curriculum, Clubs, etc.
- Distance, Online and Blended Learning
- Equity & Diversity
- Extended Learning Opportunities
- Flexible Pathways
- Games and Simulations
- Information Literacy
- Innovative and Empowered Learners
- ISTE/AASL Standards Related Implementation
- Maker spaces
- Multicultural Reading/Reading Promotion
- Personalized Learning
- Proficiency Based Learning
- Programming and Robotics preK-12
- Reading Promotion
- Speaking and Listening
- Special Populations/Assistive and Adaptive Technologies/UDL
- Technology and Family Engagement